|Adoption Date:||28 December 2015|
|Country of Headquarters:||Taiwan R.O.C.|
|Region of Headquarters:||Asia|
|Institutional Reporting Hyperlink:||https://www.esunfhc.com/en/csr/overview/customer/perseverance?tabid=tab02#tab-B|
|Current EPFI Reporting Year/Period:||2019|
|EPFI Reporting in Compliance:||Yes|
Reporting – E.SUN Commercial Bank, LTD (2019)
Please read the important notes and disclaimer for further information on ‘EPFI Reporting’, compliance and publication on the Equator Principles Association website.
Further information on this EPFI may be obtained through the Institutional Reporting Hyperlink above.
PROJECT FINANCE ADVISORY SERVICES
Total number mandated in the reporting period: 1
|Oil & Gas||0|
|Europe, Middle East & Africa||0|
PROJECT FINANCE TRANSACTIONS
Total number that reached financial close in the reporting period: 10
|Sector||Category A||Category B||Category C|
|Oil & Gas|
|Europe, Middle East & Africa|
1Designated Countries are those countries deemed to have robust environmental and social governance, legislation systems and institutional capacity designed to protect their people and the natural environment. For the list of Designated Countries, go to: https://www.equator-principles.com/index.php/ep3/designated-countries
PROJECT NAME REPORTING FOR PROJECT FINANCE TRANSACTIONS
No. Project Name Sector Host Country Name/ Project Location Year of Financial Close
1 Carroll County Energy Power USA 2019
2 PROJECT KARADENIZ POWERSHIP KPS14 Power Indonesia 2019
3 CSBC roof top solar projects Power Taiwan 2019
4 Yunlin Offshore windfarm Power Taiwan 2019
5 Formosa 2 Wind Power Power Taiwan 2019
6 PetroVietnam Gas Infrastructure Vietnam 2019
7 Crookwell 2 Wind Farm Power Australia 2019
8 Tenaska Westmoreland Power USA 2019
9 Birdsboro Power Power USA 2019
10 Cross River Rail Project Tunnel Infrastructure Australia 2019
PROJECT-RELATED CORPORATE LOANS
Total number that reached financial close in the reporting period: 0
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE EQUATOR PRINCIPLES
E.SUN Bank adopted the Equator Principles on 28 December 2015. It is the responsibility of E.SUN Bank’s management to ensure that appropriate procedures are in place to ensure compliance with the Equator Principles. In accordance with current Equator Principles (2013), E.SUN Bank established the Environmental and Social Risk Team under Corporate Finance Division. The Environmental and Social Risk Team focus on building up internal system in 2016, which including followings：
1. Drawed up the project financing practices to meet the Equator Principles’ requirements, such as credit and review processes, and related written form etc.
2. Carried out multiple training programs which trainee covered Taiwan RM Teams, overseas branches, sub-branches, and the head office related personnel.
3. Continuously tracking and updating information about the Equator Principles, and communicating with Asian EPFIs via conference call, and adjusting E.SUN Bank’s internal practices in accordance with new regulations.
4. In 2016, the Environmental and Social Risk Team had assessed seven cases which are applicable the Equator Principles, and recommend improvements to customers to reduce the social and environment risk and impacts. Finally, there is only one case financial closed due to E.SUN Bank’s risk appetite and credit policy considerations.
5. Continuing post-loan management for the Equator Principles’ loan case, and environmental and social risk groups corporate with RM Team to monitor project’s environmental and social risks and improved commitment.
E.Sun Commercial Bank, Ltd’s Implementation Reporting is available at: