|Adoption Date:||20 January 2017|
|Country of Headquarters:||China|
|Region of Headquarters:||Asia|
|Institutional Reporting Hyperlink:||http://www.jsbchina.cn/data/tosend/resource/upload/江苏银行股份有限公司2018年社会责任报告.pdf|
|Current EPFI Reporting Year/Period:||2018|
|EPFI Reporting in Compliance:||Yes|
Reporting – Bank of Jiangsu (2018)
Please read the important notes and disclaimer for further information on ‘EPFI Reporting’, compliance and publication on the Equator Principles Association website.
Further information on this EPFI may be obtained through the Institutional Reporting Hyperlink above.
PROJECT FINANCE ADVISORY SERVICES
Total number mandated in the reporting period: 0
PROJECT FINANCE TRANSACTIONS
Total number that reached financial close in the reporting period: 5
Totals 0 5 0
Totals 0 5 0
Sector Category A Category B Category C
Mining Infrastructure 4 Oil & Gas Power Others 1 Region Americas Europe, Middle East & Africa Asia Pacific 5 Country Designation Designated1 Non-Designated 5 Independent Review Yes No 5
1Designated Countries are those countries deemed to have robust environmental and social governance, legislation systems and institutional capacity designed to protect their people and the natural environment. For the list of Designated Countries, go to: https://www.equator-principles.com/index.php/ep3/designated-countries
PROJECT NAME REPORTING FOR PROJECT FINANCE TRANSACTIONS
No. Project Name Sector Host Country Name/ Project Location Year of Financial Close
1 Shandong Province Industrial Solid Waste (Hazardous Waste) Disposal Center Project Infrastructure China 2018
2 Shouguang Industrial Solid Waste Disposal Center Project Infrastructure China 2018
3 Suqian Hazardous Waste Centralized Disposal Project Infrastructure China 2018
4 Annual Output of 400000 Tons of Propylene Epoxide Project Others China 2018
5 Gaoyou Hazardous Waste Centralized Disposal Project Infrastructure China 2018
PROJECT-RELATED CORPORATE LOANS
Total number that reached financial close in the reporting period: 0
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE EQUATOR PRINCIPLES
Establishment of the EP management team
The Equator Principles (EP) implementation and EP project management fall in the remit of the Green Finance and PPP Department of the Bank of Jiangsu. The Department’s responsibilities in relation to EP include:
- To integrate the EP into the environmental and social risk management risk framework of the Bank.
- To draw up guidelines and procedures of EP implementation and EP project management.
- To provide the bank staff with EP-related training, communications and information disclosure.
- The Jiangsu Provincial Ecological Assessment Center was hired to assist in the environmental & social risk due diligence and provide recommendations on mitigation/remedy actions in order to comply with EP.
Comprehensive Policies and Structure for Implementation
To implement the Equator Principles, the bank has undertaken the following:
- Issued the Guideline on EP Project Management and Credit Procedure.
- Launched the development the EP project management system. The first stage deliverable has been completed, which allows for automatic screening of projects that the EPs apply to. All EP projects have been labeled in the Bank’s credit process system.The Bank is negotiating with external consulting firms to execute other development deliverables.
- A dedicated team has been formed which comprise the Green Finance & PPP Department in the headquarter, a designated EP manager at each tier-1 branch, and the relevant Relationship Managers at subbranches.