Equator Principles Association Governance
Home > Equator Principles Association > EP Association Governance
Governance and Management
The Equator Principles (EP) Association is the unincorporated association of member Equator Principles Financial Institutions (EPFIs) whose object is the management, administration and development of the EP. Formed on 1 July 2010, the EP Association was instituted to ensure long-term viability and ease of management of the member EPFIs. It is governed by a Steering Committee, which is supported by a Secretariat.
EP Association Steering Committee
The EP Association Steering Committee co-ordinates the administration, management and development of the EP on behalf of the member EPFIs. The Steering Committee is elected by the members of the EP Association.
Current members of the EP Association Steering Committee (as from November 2021) are listed below.
The role of the Chair of the EP Association Steering Committee is to provide co-ordination across the EP Association’s Steering Committee, Working Groups and member institutions.
Amit Puri, EP Association Chair, and Global Head, Sustainable Finance, Standard Chartered
- Europe – BBVA (Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A.)
- Latin America – CIFI (Corporacion Interamericana para el Financiamiento de Infraestructura S.A.)
- Asia-Oceania – Korea Development Bank
- North America – Bank of Montreal
- Middle East & Africa – Mauritius Commercial Bank
EP Association Secretariat
The EP Association Secretariat manages the running of the EP Association and provides a wide variety of services to the EP Association’s members, Steering Committee and Chair. These include:
- responding to all internal and external enquiries;
- managing communications (including the EP website);
- providing advice and assistance with regards to adoption;
- reviewing and publishing all EPFI reporting;
- supporting workplans for the EP Association Working Groups and Steering Committee; and
- day-to-day management and administration of the EP Association.
The EP Association Secretariat is provided by re:Sure Ltd (UK) through a service agreement. The Secretariat comprises 1.75 FTE across 4 part-time team members globally.
Equator Principles Association Governance Rules
- Provide guidance to existing and prospective EPFIs on the processes for the management, administration and development of the EP.
- Detail the scope of the roles of the EP Association Steering Committee and Chair and how representatives are nominated and appointed.
- Describe a set of Rules that all members of the EP Association are bound by.
Equator Principles Financial Institutions (EPFIs) are required to pay an annual membership fee to cover costs incurred in the management, administration and development of the EP. The Association budget is voted upon by EPFIs each year, including the annual fee.
The Annual Fee is payable on adoption. If an EPFI adopts part way through the financial year the amount is pro-rated.
In 2022, the Annual Fee is £4,400.