The recent external stakeholder consultation on the draft text of EP4 was conducted on behalf of the EPA by BSR. They have now completed the consultation process and their recommendations are with the Association for consideration as we look to finalise the text of EP4.
The draft text of EP4 was released on 24 June 2019 and stakeholder feedback closed on 23 August 2019 (deadline extended following stakeholder feedback).
During that time, BSR held 6 face-to-face meetings and 4 webinars with industry and non-industry stakeholders to solicit feedback on the detail of the draft text. Further feedback was also received via email or through the EP website. In summary:
- 151 people across 90 organisations attended an event
- 63 detailed written submissions representing the views of 251 organisations were received (some submissions were co-signed by multiple parties).
The EPA thanks all of those that took time to submit written feedback and/or attend an event. Your input is appreciated as we seek to update the text of EP4 before a final vote by members later this year. A report of the findings of the consultation process will be published once the EPA has agreed how to respond to the recommendations.
It remains the intention of the EPA to launch EP4 in Q4 2019. We will keep stakeholders updated with progress as we get closer to the launch.
The EPA is making progress though each of the planned review phases outlined below. It is still intended that Phase V be completed by the end of 2019.
- Phase I – Organization and set-up for EP4 review process COMPLETED
- Phase II – Focused EP Association group work and internal discussion on key topics and thematic areas, including Initial Stakeholder Consultation COMPLETED
- Phase III – Agreement with the EP Association membership and initial drafting of the EP4 targeted update COMPLETED
- Phase IV – Second round of stakeholder consultation (on the EP4 draft) COMPLETED
- Phase V – Finalisation and launch of EP4
The first round of stakeholder consultation was undertaken on behalf of the Association by ERM in 2018. This comprised a series of interviews with key stakeholders as well as some survey and online feedback. The results of this consultation can be found here.
The second round of external consultation was completed on 23 August. It was conducted by BSR and comprised a series of face-to-face meetings as well as webinars to gather feedback ont the detail of the draft text. During the consultation phase, feedback on the draft text was also received through the ‘Submit Feedback’ form provided on this page. The deadline for written feedback was 23 August 2019.
For ongoing news items on the EP4 process, as well as EPA news generally, please check the news page on the EP Association website. You can also use the ‘Subscribe to News Alerts’ button on this page to ensure that any EP4 updates are emailed directly to you.