ANZ Adopts the Equator Principles
Sydney, Australia - 15 December 2006
ANZ has monitored the progress of the Equator Principles since its inception in 2003 and we are pleased that our policies and processes are now sufficiently advanced that we are able to formally adopt the Equator Principles effective 15 December 2006.
To support our implementation of the Principles, we have developed our own social and environment policies that are being applied across all of our lending and investment decisions, including Project Finance activities in developing countries which are the focus of the Equator Principles.
Our objective is to go further with the intent of the Equator Principles through the development of a whole-of-business approach including all business relationships, products and geographies. Full text of the Statement (815k)
JPMorgan Chase Re-adopts Equator Principles
New York - 4 December 2006
JPMorgan Chase has re-adopted Equator Principles, a set of internationally recognized, voluntary project finance guidelines that establish social and environmental standards in the banking industry. For JPMorgan Chase this is an extension of the commitment it made in 2005 to adopt the Equator Principles as part of its broader environmental commitment.
E+Co Adopts Equator Principles
Bloomfield, New Jersey - 30 October 2006
E+Co, the leading provider of services and capital to modern energy enterprises in developing countries, continued its tradition of socially and environmentally responsible business practices by joining 40 other international financial institutions in adopting the Equator Principles.
"For more than ten years E+Co has embraced the concepts that underpin the Equator Principles", said Phil LaRocco, E+Co Executive Director. "We are pleased to join with so many fine financial institutions in formally adopting these principles. Our mission is to empower energy enterprises. Our developing country entrepreneurs establish sustainable enterprises to improve the livelihoods of their local communities, in ways that are sound from a business, societal and environmental perspective. The Equator Principles are a natural step for them and for us." Full text of the Statement (265k)
- Scotiabank Adopts Revised Equator Principles, Renews Commitment to Environmental Risk Management and Sustainable Development
- Caja Navarra Adopts Equator Principles
- Banca Intensa Adopts Equator Principles
- Bank of America, Caja Navarra and Banca Intesa adopt the revised Equator Principles
- Banco Bradesco, Dresdner Bank and Manulife re-adopt Equator Principles
- Equator Principles: Fortis adopts environmental and social criteria for project financing
- SMBC establishes an Environment Department and adopts the Equator Principles
- Caja Navarra, First Spanish Saving Bank that Adopts the Equator Principles
- Millennium BCP Adopts the Equator Principles