16 March 2018
The EP Association is undertaking a targeted review of the Equator Principles (see statement released in November 2017). Since the announcement following the 2017 EP AGM, the EP Association has initiated internal discussions on key thematic areas including:
- Social impact and human rights
- Climate change
- Designated Countries and Applicable Standards
- Scope of applicability of the EPs
Our ambition is that the update process will take up to 18 months, and have set provisional dates for the planned activities, internal and external stakeholder engagement and public commenting process, however these may be subject to revision or extension at any time.
- Phase I – Organization and set-up for EP4 review process (January – March 2018)
- Phase II – Focused EP Association group work and internal discussion on key topics and thematic areas, including Initial Stakeholder Consultation (March – September 2018)
- Phase III – Agreement with the EP Association membership and initial drafting of the EP4 targeted update (September – January 2019)
- Phase IV – Second round of stakeholder consultation (February – May 2019). Note the EP Association will be providing a more detailed timeline for this at a later date.
- Phase V – Finalisation and launch of the EP4 targeted update (May – August 2019)
As part of the external stakeholder engagement process, the EP Association will take the opportunity to gather feedback and recommendations that will be considered for strategic direction of the EPA and subsequent updates. Any interested stakeholder may submit feedback within the review (below), and sign up to be alerted when any EP review updates are posted.
Please note: The Association appreciates all submissions and will take all stakeholder feedback in aggregate into account, however, we do not have the capacity to respond individually to each submission.